Skip to the content
BRUSSELS SPROUTS GRATIN
yields: 6 servings
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 slices bacon or veggie bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup Silk® Unsweet Cashewmilk
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere, manchego or non-dairy cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. melted margarine (or butter)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or non-dairy parmesan
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 4-cup baking dish.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a pot of boiling, salted water. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sprouts are tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a saucepan, sauté bacon, shallot and margarine until bacon is cooked and shallot is soft.
- Add salt, pepper and flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Silk® and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in red pepper flakes, cheese and Brussels sprouts.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, melted margarine and parmesan. Sprinkle over sprouts and bake for 20-25 minutes, until breadcrumbs are lightly browned, and gratin is bubbling.