Skip to the content
CARROT GINGER SOUP
CARROT GINGER SOUP CARROT GINGER SOUP
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup Dannon® Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt, separated
- 3 Tbsp. chopped chives, for garnish
- In a 4-quart stockpot over medium-high heat, add butter and oil. Once butter is melted add onions and celery. Cook until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pot and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the carrots, stirring occasionally, until carrots are slightly caramelized, 7-8 minutes.
- Add stock, salt, pepper and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Remove the stockpot from the burner and take the bay leaf out. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup. (You can also let the soup cool and puree in a food processor or blender.)
- Add more salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 3/4 cup yogurt. Return to burner and reheat over medium.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with remaining yogurt and chopped chives.